This article is for the PC version ONLY
Are you using multiple TripLogik on the same PC ?
This can happen if you are using multiple device on the same PC
If you have more than one device in your office, ensure every device has its own database.
The database is matched to the TL1000, preventing accidental user data mix-up.
Are you using the correct Database ?
If the Manager is asking for a password it could be:
- You might not remember putting one in.
- You are not using the right database file matching your logger
Please check your database file:
Look at the top of the Manager software. The name of the file you are using will show up besides the application name
Look if you are not using one of the demo files
You might also be using an older file you created before you changed the password,
In this case, the password in your device will not match, asking for the password.
To open a database file:
Click on File -> Open and select the database file for the logger you are using.
To create a new File:
Click on File -> New
Immediately Click on File -> and Save as
Name your file in a way to identify the user and the device
If the software is asking for a password with a new file
If the password software is asking for a password after you created a new file, there is a password set in the logger.
- Check if you have the proper logger. If you have more than one, you might have someone else logger.
- Someone put a password in the logger , or you forgot you did
Are you stating a new Database file on a different PC ( or after reloading windows on your PC)
If you want to save yourself a lot of work, you should try to copy your original database file into the new installation.
If you made backups , you only need to copy the file to the new installation
Instruction on how to copy a Database file from a backup or an other computer
If you lost your password
You can ask for a password reset
- First password reset is free, subsequent result is 25.00$
- A user must provide proof or purchase along with the serial number.
- If the device was purchased through the TripLogik website, fill in a new service ticket information with the same information as the purchase of the device including invoice number.
- If the device was purchased through an authorized dealer or retailer, please provide a scan or clear picture of the receipt and a picture of the serial number.
We will contact you shortly to help your restore your instrument password .
Restoring an instrument password , can only be done using a PC. If you are on a Mac, you will need to run the password restore application from a PC.