If you are replacing an instrument, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW MEMBERSHIP
IMPORTANT Ensure you are using the latest Manager version 2.1091 and up
Please update if you have an older version How to update
If you replace an instrument, it can never be used again, as it is considered defective or stolen
Topics in this article
- Defective instrument replacement
- Instrument password ( during replacement)
- Information about replacements
- Sell or buy a used instrument
Open the Triplogik Manager application
Step 1 Make sure no instrument is currently connected to the PC
Step 2 Open the Manager and click on the "Instruments" Menu
Step 3 In the instrument list , select the instrument to be replaced
Step 4 Click on the Replace an instrument button
Step 5 When the replacement summary screen is open, plug the replacement instrument and follow on screen instructions
When replacing your instrument, if you had an old instrument with an internal password configuration, the Manager may ask you for the password of the new instrument.
If no password is set, the Manager expects the password to be the serial number of the instrument.
If this is a brand new instrument, enter the 16-digit serial number (capital letters and no spaces TL100001xxxxxxxx).
When an instrument is configured with the serial number as the password, the system will tater considers it to be password-free.
Note about Instrument Passwords:
It is no longer necessary to add a password to the instrument since no one can download the data without an account that contains your instrument. It is therefore not recommended to enter a password since version 2.0
Thing you need to know about:
- There is no cost for this service ( unless the account was expired , you will need to update your account)
- The old instrument will be placed in a deactivated list. If you try to use it again, you will not be able to register it again.
- If the instrument was lost or stolen, it will be placed into a black list, and will never be reactivated again.
If you sell your instrument,
Any Map service left cannot be transferred to a new owner.
For security reasons , TripLogik will not register any instrument still registered to an existing user, even if the account is still active.
The original owner must contact us, via a support ticket, requesting we transfer the instrument to a new user.