When the TL1000 starts beeping for no apparent reason, there is a good change the memory is getting full. When memory get full, it will stop working.
It is recommended to delete the data from the TL1000 instrument every 2 or 3 months or at least every year.
- Deleting the internal memory will make your data transfer faster.
- If you had any data errors, unless you delete the internal memory of the instrument, you will keep getting the same error again every time you do a Sync.
Always Backup your data file ( Learn how to backup your data here )
How to determine the amount of memory left in the instrument and delete the data inside the instrument
- In the Manager 2.0 , connect the TL1000 to the PC
- Click on the Settings Menu and select "Instrument"
- If you have multiple instrument , you might have the select the instrument from the list
The currently used memory will show in the instrument information section
- Click on the 'Delete all trips inside the instrument" button
A warning message will show up to confirm this action
What to do next
- Connect the instrument in the car
- As the instrument turns on, it will begin to format it's internal memory. This can take a few minutes.
- In this mode, the device will not be functional . If you start driving, it will not work.
- DO NOT UNPLUG the TL1000 for at least 3 minutes
Once the memory is cleared, the instrument will connect to the satellites signal , and will resume it's normal operation.
Other way of formatting the memory
Download the Bulk Eraser Tool from the TripLogik website
- Start the utility and connect the TL1000 to your PC
- Click on Erase
Do not unplug the TL1000 instrument from the PC as it is being erased.